2015 Drum Major Camp Dates
- Texas State University: June 14 - 17, 2015 - $450 resident, $350 commuter (4 day camp)
- University of North Texas: June 25 - 28, 2015 - $450 resident, $350 commuter (4 day camp)
- El Paso - Hanks High School: June 11 - 12, 2015 - $150 commuter (2 day camp)
- University of Houston: June 21 - June 24, 2015 - $450 resident, $350 commuter (4 day camp)
- Fresno State: July 8 - July 11, 2015 - $450 resident, $350 commuter (4 day camp)
Participants will receive conducting training from Nicholas Williams, Associate Director of Wind Studies - University of North Texas. The SASI conducting curriculum is a fresh, modern approach to marching band.
Marching and Teaching Instruction
Participants will receive innovative marching and teaching training from Jeremy Spicer, Owner and Student Leadership Director of SASI and Director of Bands at Vandegrift High School.
Participants will receive leadership training from Manuel Maldonado, Leadership Curriculum Facilitator for SASI and Associate Director of Bands at Bradley Middle School in San Antonio, Texas. The SASI Leadership and Empowerment curriculum is a fresh, modern approach to leadership.
Specialized Instruction and Guest Appearances
Each camp will bring its own set of unique clinicians. Our list of featured clinicians include
Dr. Steve McKeithen
, Dr. Caroline Beatty
, Dr. Nicholas Williams
, David Bertman
Participants will be lodged at the perspective university dorms. Participants will need linens, toiletries, and other personal items as none will be furnished by the university.
Resident Tuition is $450.00 per participant.
Commuter Tuition is $350.00 per participant.
A $3.5% fee will be assessed for all online credit card payments.
Covers all camp related materials for both resident and commuter participants.
Covers all meals for resident participants only.
Covers lodging for resident participants only.
Who may attend:
Is limited to 325 participants per camp
Will begin in February
Current drum majors, future drum majors, student leaders, and potential student leaders are invited to attend!!!