Drum Major Training
El Paso - Pebble Hills High School: May 6, 2017
Texas State University: June 18 - 21, 2017
University of North Texas: June 22 - 25, 2017
University of Houston: June 26 - 29, 2017
Through the use of lecture, small group instruction, one-on-one instruction, peer analysis and video analysis, Drum Major participants receive an in-depth curriculum focused on improving individual technique, clarity and communication.
We believe teaching is an art form that can be an invaluable skill set for all leaders. Through a variety of methodical experiences, Drum Major and Student Leader participants establish and develop best practices for delivering instruction and feedback. Our goal is to provide them with a variety of tools that will improve their effectiveness and empower them educators.
For some leadership is natural and for others is developmental, but the key to long-term success is understanding where we are, have a plan for where we want to be and have the courage to take the necessary steps to grow and develop. The ability to lead is a collection of skills that can be learned and improved. All participants will engage in an immersive leadership development program that will open their eyes to the possibilities that exist when continued leadership growth is an ongoing aspect of our lives.
SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTION AND GUEST APPEARANCES
Each camp will bring its own set of unique clinicians. Our list of featured clinicians include Dr. Caroline Beatty, Dr. Nicholas Williams, Dr. David Clemmer.
Participants will be lodged in university dorms.
- Four-Day Resident Tuition (TxSt, UNT, and UH Camps) is $450.00 per participant.
- Four-Day Commuter Tuition (TxSt, UNT, and UH Camps) is $350.00 per participant.
- One-Day, Commuter Tuition (Pebble Hills HS Camp) is $75.00 per participant.
- A $3.5% fee will be assessed for all online credit card payments.
- Covers all camp related materials for both resident and commuter participants.
- Covers all meals for resident participants only.
- Covers lodging for resident participants only.
- Is limited to 500 total participants per camp
- Opens in February
WHO MAY ATTEND
Current and future drum majors are invited to attend.